Modern residential security installations are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to neglect to complete simple security duties like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you never had to concern yourself with these chores ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Lancaster, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Lancaster For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your property, which you can arrange in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with each other. The technology assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your premises, you may set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the technologies you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Lancaster. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Lancaster
Whether you’re looking for extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (717) 256-1587 or submit the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.