Home security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a sign that informs burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come outfitted with an array of tools all built to provide all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features help you to utilize the most from security cameras in Lancaster.
How To Set Up Your Lancaster Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
Placing your video surveillance on the ideal locations around your residence is the right place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your porch, driveway, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your visitors needs to be a primary consideration before placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Device placement is only the beginning in getting the most out of home security cameras in Lancaster. The features listed below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your smart device the instant abnormal activity is detected. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone through the device. Via your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive view of an area. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect specific areas within your home.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send instant alerts when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Lancaster is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (717) 256-1587 or submit the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.