What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lancaster
You know you need to safeguard your home. After all, it supplies shelter for your loved ones and is where you store your possessions. But what form of home defense is ideal? Determining if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lancaster and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection links to a professional monitoring service that is ready to act at a moment’s notice. Whenever an entrypoint sensor activates or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued an instant warning. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could consider this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to resolve it. This choice is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Lancaster
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line tools and smooth integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a fully connected system with components that may be better than what you will find on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Numerous residents would prefer to have work taken care of by qualified experts, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement will be acceptable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lancaster
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some may deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other residents might want to go with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to incorporate devices when you want - and from different manufacturers. However, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in control of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t see a security warning? This scenario equates to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want assistance during the installation, you may have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Lancaster
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Lancaster from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right solution for your family. Call (717) 256-1587 today to speak with our security experts.